CIWEM East Anglia Branch, in association with UKELA East, are hosting a special one-day conference on “Coastal Advance and Coastal Retreat – Drivers, lessons and opportunities”. The conference provides an opportunity to learn about a range of initiatives designed to advance or retreat the coastline, network with professionals and in particular to hear practitioners’ experiences of translating ideas and policies into reality on the ground.
Sessions will be chaired by Greg Guthrie (ICE Maritime Panellist) and Bryan Curtis (Chairman of the Coastal Group Chairmen’s Network). Confirmed speakers and their topics include:
- Nicola Clay (The Crown Estate) Sandscaping – Legal and technical considerations
- Jeremy Pickles (East Riding of Yorkshire) Coastal change management: practical experiences and lessons
- Rachael Hill (Environment Agency) Future vision for coastal erosion management
- James Pereira QC (Francis Taylor Building) Legal issues and challenges on an eroding coast
- Rob Wise (National Farmers Union) Landowner issues and opportunities with managed realignment
- Teresa Fenn (Risk & Policy Analysts) Lessons from coastal pathfinder projects in rollback & lease back
- Hans Verhoogt (Royal HaskoningDHV) Advancing shores profiting fisheries industry
- John Sharpe (RSPB) Environmental & legal lessons in mature realignment schemes
- Tony Hanson (South Tyneside) Rehabilitating a coastal community in Littlehaven
Full details including costs (ranging from £50 to £115) and booking arrangements can be found in the attached flyer.
Deadline for booking is Friday 25 September 2015.
The sponsor/ exhibitor package is only £250 incl VAT which includes:
– 1 delegate place
– Sponsors logo on speaker programme
– Sponsors name in events calendar in CIWEM’s electronic monthly newsletter – (around 9,000 subscribers)
– Sponsors logo on the delegate notes circulated to every attendee
– Opportunity to include a single digital page flyer in the delegate packs (provided by the sponsor)
– Sponsors logo on conference holding presentation slide
– Exhibition space (dimensions tbc)