NEW SAVE THE NEW DATE – 20 January 2015
Click here to submit your abstract.
The European Commission is inviting stakeholders to share their practical knowledge and ideas for projects to implement the Atlantic Action Plan at the Stakeholder Platform conference to be held on 2 December 2014 in Porto, Portugal.
Stakeholders are invited to organise workshops on topics of their choice, reflecting the priorities agreed under the Atlantic Action Plan. Success stories and lessons learned from previous projects are important. A key goal will also be finding potential partners for projects. Workshops (Keynotes, case studies and panel discussions in the workshops) will be accepted on relevance for the Atlantic Action Plan, timeliness and expertise of the speakers.
Topics of interest could include:
- Ocean literacy
- Maritime safety/ security in the Atlantic
- Heritage and nautical leisure
- Marine litter
- Gastronomic tourism
- Formation of Atlantic “clusters”
- Improving maritime skills
- Sustainable aquaculture and fisheries
- Improving the market position of Atlantic fisheries
- Aquaculture research
- Climate change
- Good environmental status of Atlantic waters
- Maritime spatial planning in the Atlantic
- Marine biotechnology
- Mining for minerals
- Offshore renewable energy
- Ports development and port networks
- Shipping and shipyard development