The Blue Carbon Portal continues its support of the rapidly growing blue carbon community and international efforts
such as the United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) Blue Carbon Initiative. It provides a virtual space to
increase transparency and accessibility of information, helping initiatives to connect, share ideas and resources.
Features of the Blue Carbon Portal include:
• The Blue Carbon Blog and social media connectivity (e.g. Twitter Feed);
• A geospatial map utility depicting global blue carbon projects and initiatives;
• A resources page for all blue carbon publications, presentations and videos;
• A calendar of blue carbon events; and
• A directory of blue carbon initiatives.
“We welcome everyone interested or engaged in blue carbon to participate in the development of this site. If you have a blue carbon story or activity that you would like to see incorporated or if you would like to advertise a meeting or share a new resource we would love to hear from you.” said Steven Lutz, Blue Carbon Project Manager at GRID-Arendal.
To get involved, contact the Blue Carbon Portal’s administrator via links on the site.
You can see the first newsletter here