EUCC and the Municipal Council of Torres Vedras invite experts and practitioners in sustainable coastal tourism to attend the 4th QualityCoast International Event. On 18 May, the QualityCoast Awards 2012 will be presented to representatives from local and regional authorities. Award winners will present their good practices, ideas and efforts in the field of sustainable tourism. Panel discussions will be dedicated to:
- visitor information using smartphones: the QualityCoast QR project
- promotion of QualityCoast destinations
- global certification by the GSTC, how to prepare for it?
- involvement of the business sector: QualityCoast local committees; the QualityTourism Business Club
- waste management, beach and marine litter.
Saturday 19 May delegates will have the opportunity to make field trips to natural areas in Torres Vedras and to the historical city of Sintra.